Inshes Veterinary Centre Inshes Veterinary Centre Inshes Veterinary Centre Inshes Veterinary Centre

Articles and News

For information on Avian Flu please go to the Defra website at

Microchipping - New Regulations 
From 6 April 2016 all dogs in Scotland must be microchipped by law. Please talk to one of our staff about microchipping.


Once seen as a problem in some areas in southern England, Wales and Ireland, this lungworm has spread, with cases now also being reported in central and northern England and Scotland.
The life-threatening lungworm Angiostrongylus vasorumis carried by slugs and snails.  If your dog accidentally swallows one of these common garden visitors there is a risk it could become infected.
Dogs become infected with Angiostrongylus vasorum through eating slugs and snails which may be carrying the larvae of the parasite.
If you are concerned your pet may be affected, please speak to our vets who can prescribe a safe and effective preventative treatment.


We have recently had a number of dogs injured through playing with sticks. Please click on the following link and think twice before throwing a stick for your dog!